For security purposes, it is a good idea to set your computer to go into screen saver mode after 5 minutes and to have it require a password to resume working. This prevents anyone else from using your computer or seeing sensitive data that you may have up on the screen when you have to quickly step away from your computer.
To set your screensaver, do the following:
- Right click anywhere on the desktop.
- Choose Properties from the menu that appears.
- Click the Screen Saver tab.
- Choose the type of screen saver you want to use (any in the list will work except NONE).
- In the Wait: box type in 5, this will activate the screen saver after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Click the checkbox next to On Resume, Password Protect.
- Click Ok to save the settings.?